Bike of The Month
Cameron
Edwin
Porter
Tamarack
Gardin
Marinoni
Best

Hopefully someone has at least one to share.

With all the great bikes, I'll leave my rider quality brodie on the shelf.
So many great small Canadian builders I'm sure many in Europe never even seen our government was actually funding research and design.

As far as I the builder built the bike raced it once or twice stripped the parts (witch is common on team bikes) and put it aside. His brother Jack wanted a bike so he grabbed the and put whatever he had lying around. Maybe in 96 maybe in 91 don't know never asked about the rebuild. The frame that was made made in 86 actually looks like they took there road bike frame dropped the bar and put bigger tires in.
Thanks for the education @MattiThundrrr @Ingola that is one amazing bike for 1986. Would love to see more shots/details of this frame. What a great BOTM this is. How the hell are we meant to choose one from this amazing array of machines?!* 🤷‍♂️😱:oops:

Almost need 2 separate months for East and West.

I feel bad none of my finished Canadian builds qualify, slightly too new.

I'll add Balfa to the list for boutique and procycle/look to list for commercially available but not really interesting back in the day.

Add to the list ... commercially available
There's a bunch of brands that appeared on the scene during the big MTB boom if the late 80s and early 90s too. Many of the frames were welded in Taiwan, but they're still really good bikes, often Tange tubes. Names like BRC, Maxam, CycleTech (later just Tech)...

The sidetrack of the thread is epic

Personally I'm all for something obscure and brands I don't know. Good to be edumacated too.

Some very nice presentations so far. 🥰 Here's a Canadian boutique saddle cover (not part of the contest).

1715892370186.png

Back