Nice pair of SHimano XT/Salsa wheels..... with a twist! :o)

Peterpoddy

Retrobike Rider
The twist being, I haven't built them yet! :)
But please read on!
I've got the hubs, ( XT M737 rear, M738 front) and I've got the rims (Salsa Semis) and I was going to build them and sell them but I thought I'd give the buyer a chance to decide what spokes they want first, rather then just ploughing ahead
The hubs are in very good used condition, with buttery smooth bearings. The rims are also in good used condition with plenty of life left in the sidewalls, see pics below.
I'm a Cytech trained mechanic and wheel builder and I have my own pro workshop level wheel building kit. The wheels will be as good as any you can buy.

So here's some prices
Basic price for the rims and hubs is £55
Then pick your spokes (Including brass nipples) from this list. This is at cost to me for the pair (64 spokes) to the nearest £1.
SS = Stainless steel, PG = Plain gauge, DB = Double butted
Alpina ACI Silver SS PG - £18
Alpina ACI Silver SS DB - £21
Sapim Leader SIlver SS PG - £23
Sapim Race Silver SS DB - £33
DT Swiss Champion Silver SS PG - £24
DT Swiss Competition Silver SS DB - £36

If you want black spokes or something flash like Super Comps then I'll get a quote, but please don't make me go looking if you're not serious please. :)
It'll obviously take me a few days to get the spokes and build the wheels too.

IMG_1623 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_1619 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Re: Nice pair of SHimano XT/Salsa wheels..... with a twist!

Sorry, I'm not splitting. I sourced the front hub especially to build this into a pair of wheels after I got hold of the rims, but thought it would be a nice touch to offer the buyer a choice of spokes, that's all
If I don't get any takers in a week or so, I'll build them anyway. I like building wheels!
Thanks for asking though :)

Oh, should have said that the price above includes building the wheels and the postage. :)

Nice pieces, we seem to have something in common I too am a cytech wheelbuilder and I love building wheels i also have several kona's.

Happy building,

Teflon.

Back