Orange Vitamin T strip and build

I can't comment on seatpost issues specifically for the Vitamin T, but I do know stated seatpost sizes can vary from the actual size!

My old Vit-T was fitted with a USE with a shim.

Cheers

I can't comment on seatpost issues specifically for the Vitamin T, but I do know stated seatpost sizes can vary from the actual size!

My old Vit-T was fitted with a USE with a shim.

Cheers
Yeah, I have 4 different 26.8mm posts - two ControlTechs and the Thomson and Orange and I have 3 different diameter measurements for them, the two CTs being almost the same as each other.

The cheap new Kalloy is the closest to its stated size - 27.02mm and after I greased it and moved it around a bit it's already feeling better so I think that's the direction I'll head in.

Hi there.
Nice project. I have a 27.0 Lite Stik branded Kalloy from a ‘93 Orange Prestige.
I was going to use it on my ‘92 Prestige but still have the XC Pro I switched to early on (same slipping issues from new!). So it could be spare.
There is some scoring up the rear but not massively noticeable.
Feel free to make an offer or drop me a pm for pictures.

Had a spare couple of hours to put a few parts on.

The 27.0mm Lite Stik seatpost from Mat cleaned up nicely with 1200/2000/5000 wet and dry. Only the deeper scoring in the back remains. Sadly it may be a little too short as it's just above the minimum insertion line. The original same-length 26.8mm Lite Stik has a different head design and has a slightly different minimum insertion position, which was maxed out for me. I have a longer post on the way and I'll probably end up using that one.

The 27.0mm Orange post fits perfectly and I'm beginning to think that fitting my bike from new with a 26.8 post was a mistake at the factory. Sounds unlikely I know, but the 27.0 Lite Stik is a perfect fit.

Saddle is the original titanium railed one. There's a steering wheel restoration kit on the way and the edges need gluing down, so it's only in place for the photo. The cover is in decent condition but the edges are a little dried out and discoloured.

Bit of a lull in the build now as there are a couple of parts to source and refinish.

DSCF2445.jpg

Back