Psycle Werks Wild Hare Frame and Fox RL shock. £150 del

rumblytripod

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The time has come to let this go after not using it for the last year.
Not strictly >97 i know, but it's borderline and the 98 forum seems to have gone all modern rather than less retro.
1998 Psycle Werks Wild Hare. Hand built in the USA. A very rare beast indeed. You can see my original build thread here viewtopic.php?f=21&t=266091
In the interest of full disclosure there is a hairline crack running from the split in the seat tube clamp area. This was on the frame when i got it and hasn't changed in 3 years I've owned it. Looks like it was caused by someone at some point putting in a seat tube that was too big. I put a double sized seat clamp on and it's been fine since. There is a pic of it below. Not pictured but included is the rear disk brake adapter.

18" frame (will put exact measurements up shortly) with XT bottom bracket (no play) and Mowa headset. Fox Float RL 165mm rear shock. Works fine with no wear to stanchion. Serviced this with new fluid last year and havnt ridden it since.

Fox 32 RLC forks. 130mm travel. Also have a full set of shims to adjust travel between 80mm and 130mm and a new bottle of Oil and a nearly full bottle of float fluid. Again perfect working order with no wear. A few cable rub marks on the crown.

Hope XC Disc Hubs on Mavic 517 Rims with DT revolution spokes. The rear has just been built by Merlin on a NOS rim and has the titanium freehub. The front had a spoke replaced and trued at the same time. The front rim was nos when built and has never seen a rim brake.

Groupset:
XT M750 Chainset, shifters and rear V brake. XTR M950 Rear mech and V brake lever and XTR front mech, Sram 970 cassette with a 990 chain. Clarke S2 front disc brake.

Finishing kit:
Flite saddle on a thomson seat post, green clamp on post. Azonic world force bars and green bits: Titanium skewers, headset spacers and top bolt, cassette clamp, mech and chainset bolts, brake booster, pedals, Raceface grips, disc bolts, V brake adjuster and cable ends and doughnuts.

Frame with shock, headset and bb, £150 delivered.
More pics at http://s648.photobucket.com/user/rumbly ... ent&page=1

Back