Third Blizzard's a charm? (1995)

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
So we got our first snow fall yesterday, and low and behold I received and started yet another project. Technically this is the fourth Blizzard to come into my hands, but one came and gone quickly as I had no intentions of keeping it.

Still undecided if I should go with the Marzocchi shocks or the rigid P2s. Both go well with the build I think. Still mulling over what to place for the cockpit, but this SHOULD get completed before the other two. :LOL:

Don't mind the "Hammer Race" badging on the top tube, this is indeed a Blizzard and very similar to the mystery RM frame I posted prev. Looks a lot like the colour mock ups I did when I first posted my first Blizzard on here! :shock: :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_1457.JPG
    IMG_1457.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 3,075
  • IMG_1455.JPG
    IMG_1455.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 3,075
yes i do believe it's a 95, as there are subtle differences from it and the mystery frame ID as a 94 frame. that being like the one you use to own that got passed on to claret73.

settled on Black Race Face Turbine IB with gold spyder matched with a Syncros Ti BB.

more black kit yet to come… ;)

not sure if the tubing decal is correct for the frame. :? for the 94 I know this would be so as it's stated in the catalogue.

Attachments

• IMG_6042.JPG
    IMG_6042.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,790
  • IMG_6039.JPG
    IMG_6039.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 2,790
  • IMG_1470.JPG
    IMG_1470.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,790
  • IMG_1467.JPG
    IMG_1467.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 2,790
Looks great so far. I'm loving the RF crank especially with that spider. I'd go with the P2s they mimic the frame tubing and lines so well. [/code]

RockiMtn":engd7gf5 said:
not sure if the tubing decal is correct for the frame. :? for the 94 I know this would be so as it's stated in the catalogue.
No, the tubeset sticker is in the 1993 style, so it must be off a 1993 Equipe. The 1995 stickers were quite different, with a fist holding a wrench.

Worth noting that the Kona fork is a 1991/92 item, i.e., from the pre-suspension era with a 39cm axle to crown, and as such is shorter than the frame will have been designed for.

Back