1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
Thanks to you guys on a prev thread, this bike has been ID'd as a '92 Blizzard

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43180

Now I thought I'd get some input from you all. Since the missus has been sorted with a 03 Stratos, this bike comes back into my stable.

I picked up a NOS Girvin Flexstem to try it out on it. First does it go? Second how well does it work? Just want to take the "edge" off a little as I'm not getting any younger. ;)

I did put on some old Suntour XC Pro pedals I had lying around though! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 8,651
bahaha, sorry not a single piece on this one unfortunately. and my cirrus only has a pro post at that, which i swamp with my RF XY post from time to time! ;)

was looking to get a ti syncros post, but those tend to be too rich for my wallet. :(

RockiMtn":1dtsdx2k said:
bahaha, sorry not a single piece on this one unfortunately. and my cirrus only has a pro post at that, which i swamp with my RF XY post from time to time! ;)

was looking to get a ti syncros post, but those tend to be too rich for my wallet. :(

Yes, the ti syncros can go strong.

I'd run the amp fork and lose the flexstem. They weren't great.

I think it'd be great with the Amp, but I'm not so sure about the Salsa post, looks a bit too modern. Much depends on what colour you're going to paint it - a white Blizzard is good, but of course requires black stem and post.

Two examples below, a standard and a white repaint. As John says, the Syncros bits sort of suit it, particularly the stem IMO.

Attachments

• 1992 Blizzard size 20.5.jpg
    1992 Blizzard size 20.5.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 8,588
  • 1992 Blizzard size 20.jpg
    1992 Blizzard size 20.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 8,588
i was contemplating stripping the bike and repainting it white. but now after getting the white 03 Stratos for the missus, i'm going against that route. it's nice when it's clean, but it looks awful when it gets dirty, which is very easy, or dinged up. so i think i'll just keep it the colour that it is.

if i put the Amp fork on, then i have to go threadless headset, as currently it's threaded with a quill stem. i plan to swap out my current headset on the Cirrus with a blue CK, so i'll have a spare headset to slap on. also have my old stem off the Cirrus, which is also silver. so it would be silver Amps, silver stem and silver post. might be okay.

I see your point, but I must say that at present it doesn't look at all like a Blizzard, and it never will unless it's either white or black and white (or, at a pinch, black)

K, how about I custom cut some Blizzard and Rocky Mountain decals in white and slap that on? :LOL:

*sigh*, I don't necessarily need it to look like a vintage Blizzard. Just want it to look and ride nice, with as much decent vintage parts i have, without cleaning out the bank! ;)

if anything i'd consider re-painting it in black and have white decals.

does gil_m have vintage RM headtube decals?

Back