late 90s Saracen Killi seatpost diameter question

nic

Senior Retro Guru
a friend is rebuilding the above and a 26 mm seatpost tube rattles. anyone know off hand what the correct size is?

Thanks

Nic

Bearing in mind how hard it is to identify 90s Saracens, it might be better to try a couple. There seems to have been quite a lot of chopping and changing with their spec.

my late 90s one is 27.2 (Kili Flyer), not sure about my Kili Comp though - might be 27.0.

Sometimes your local bike shop will let you try other peoples posts if they have bikes in for repair,as long as you buy the post from them

Not many will allow that if you dont buy from them,and they arent usually up for you using new ones to find out.

Once you know,get a shim to bring it to 27.2[if thats possible]
27.2 is the easiest to find at a reasonable price

I've got two 90's Saracens. One has a 27.0mm post and the other one takes a 26.4mm post.
As Chris667 says, 90's Saracens are notoriously difficult to identify once they've lost their original decals, so it's a case of trial and error I'm afraid.

drystonepaul":2g6a6tp4 said:
I've got two 90's Saracens. One has a 27.0mm post and the other one takes a 26.4mm post.
As Chris667 says, 90's Saracens are notoriously difficult to identify once they've lost their original decals, so it's a case of trial and error I'm afraid.

I've three steel and they take three different sizes too (26.4, 27.0 and 27.2). Try not to do as I did and waste money on a 27.2 on a hunch that it would fit only to find it a smidgeon too tight!

Back