English Range Rider

How tricky is it to factor in the curvature of the tube when recreating decals like this? Is there software available that can do it for you?

I'm wondering if there's any decent way to repair the rear Bluemels guard.
They are the ones with an aluminium core sandwiched inside a plastic surround, like SKS/ESGE 'Chromoplastic' ones.

They'll clean up fine, and the bent areas can be eased back, but the crack will need closing up and some sort of internal plate fitting to the underside, perhaps?

I read that the ESGE ones were made from cellulose acetate butyrate, so need a cellulose solvent adhesive...

View attachment 852980

Any experience on this?
All the best,
I would fashion an aluminium plate and pop rivet in place, won't be pretty but should be plenty strong.

I would fashion an aluminium plate and pop rivet in place, won't be pretty but should be plenty strong.
Yes, there's plenty of clearance on the inside for plating up, but I'd like to keep it looking as clean as possible on the outside face.
Rivets will definitely be a backup Plan B if needed.

The hole near the end of the guard is where if fixes to the rack, so there shouldn't be too much loading on the guard further forward.
I suspect it got twisted, rotated at the mounting bolt and cracked.

All the best,

Latest posts

Back