Greetings from Yorkshire from Giant Cadex MTB owners - My first post!

Peteinengland

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum which looks fantastic thanks, I'm just about to refurbish mine and the Wife's Giant 90s Cadex bikes and maybe also my Vitus 979/Campag Super Record road bike at a later date.

I'm hoping someone here would be kind enough to help me identify suitable parts to maintain and maybe update them if worth it and point me in the right direction for part suppliers (online?) as I'm well out of touch now and most local bike shops have shut down round here disappointingly.

I'm from a cycling family and rode cyclocross from an early age with Brook CC then Norton Wheelers from Sheffield, but packed it in when I discovered Motocross and Road Motorcycles, drinking and Girls when I was in my early teens!!!! My friend was the parts distributor for Giant, so got the bikes new for a decent price in the 90s and have some brand new spares like suspension forks. Not planning a racing comeback or anything silly (54 now) we just want to use the MTBs for a bit of recreational cycling together and build up to completing the Hadrians Wall Cycle Route 72 hopefully later this summer.

Anyway, thanks for accepting me on the forum and for taking the time to read this, here are a couple of photos of the CFM-1 and CFM-3 bikes we have. Will make another post with more details and photos pm giant1.jpg HJ Giant1.jpg later if that ok?

Cheers, Pete

Welcome to the forum Pete, I remember the cadex carbon fibre models in york cycleworks, they were pretty good value for money back in the day.

I'm sure you will find your way around the forum soon enough

And if you require spare parts ask in the wanted section, show your bikes off in readers rides and any questions just ask in retro MTB chat

Welcome,
For obvious reasons (Giant headquarters was (and is?) in the Netherlands) Cadex models and parts are widely spread around here and often for an apple and a egg (Dutch saying 😉).
See for example this Cadex CFM-3 in the best 90's colour combinations imaginable, purple and yellow; starting bid €10,-

Giant mountainbike Vintage! Opknapper
Bieden

Welcome Pete

Consumables like chains cables etc are easy to source, it may be a case of just a clean and re-lube to get you going for now if they are still in usable condition. Other parts are still available, like above, an add in the wanted section will usually find those for you.

Back