How much are my Raleigh Magic and Raleigh Extreme kids bikes worth please? (pics in thread)

Having renovated and gifted/sold a few kids bikes over the years 'd be surprised if you got more than £20 for each. Parents want good light bikes for their kids (i.e Islabikes).

Thanks for the response, i was lead to believe the Magic at least, was reasonably rare and have seen other similar aged retro kids bikes on auctiion sites selling for £100-£200. Didn’t want to just let something go for a few quid/scrap it to make space in the garage if it had value.
Keen to see what others think?????
Cheers.

Unfortunately, age or value of contemporary/similar bikes is no indication of value. People tend to get nostalgic about the iconic bikes of an era ie the ones that were on TV ads/shows/movies, printed ads etc. Hence some "kids" bikes eg choppers, bombers in good restored condition might go for more.I could imagine the Magic going for a bit more than £20 as it is quite appealing looking and indicative of an era, but only if someone is looking for one (I don't recall ever seeing one, and I suspect I'm old enough to have been a kid when they were new). The plastic cones on the wheel nuts are weird as they feel like a later addition.

I tend to think that kids bikes overall have less value because the collector cannot ride them (unless they are a Nathan Barley type).

I'm no expert in collecting kids bikes though, and if you think they are worth more - pop them on eBay and see what happens. At least being smaller, they should be easier to post.

Last edited:
I think the best way with these is to let the market decide the value. Put them up on ebay and see what they fetch. There are a couple of Extremes on at the moment, one for £25 with offers and another for £150 with offers. However, both have been on for weeks without selling, the dearer one for a while longer. The alternatives are to pass them on to friends or family, or maybe a bicycle charity.

The value in these would be that they are fully working bikes ready to ride, if they are that is, always a demand for them, and the joy the child will gain from receiving it.

Back