The end is no longer nigh: Kona Bikes

Don't poopoo their process line, those bikes rocked. Their carbon processes were pretty darn good from a few years ago. Although the Cascade link is a must to get the bike feeling dialed. Sadly I think the must have been caught be surprise by the higher then AL warranty claims and costs associated. On addition to every other manufacturer going to modern geo took a bit of the spark away.

Over the last 2 years they went AL only and the flame went out. I am guessing they knew they were going to sell and decided to load up on lower cost AL frames to increase sellable inventory but keep the costs down. It worked, the original owners made out well. But not so great for the new owners.

Anyone's guess what the future will bring, designs are so dialed now that's it's tough to get in without a really great unique product. E gravel and road bikes here we come!

so does everyone now :)

A touch quicker than we thought ;)

Really pleased this episode has closed. There's a whole ton of challenges still to conquer so it's going to remain bumpy but let's hope they get the right folks focused on the right things....and get back to focusing on a few great models instead of a giant fleet.

With this return to being rider-owned and operated, we’re doubling down on our unique brand legacy and getting back to some basics

🙌

Direct purchasing cancelled and...

We’ll never do a BOGO Sale again, so don’t ask, but we promise to offer good value for good money, always.

🤣

Ad free press release here:

what i like about this is, they sold it, i'm sure they thought it was a good idea at the time, Kent made a mess of it, they buy it back for less, so there might be some extra money hanging around to make changes or whatever. it's one of those rare moments when it works out for the smaller company (comparative to Kent outdoors)

Back