The Yellow One -1997 GT Karakoram

Very clean! What's it like to ride with that stem and handlebar... like a BMX? I'm interested in creating something similar so I'm not hunched over which is beginning to make me feel fatter as I get older.

I really like that Karakoram, looks very clean and very well specced too!
My 1999 Tequesta started out like that before moving some of the parts to my 1998 Tempest (see profile picture).
However I still have my Tequesta which needs some loving too. It makes for a great ride with those BMX bars.

Very clean! What's it like to ride with that stem and handlebar... like a BMX? I'm interested in creating something similar so I'm not hunched over which is beginning to make me feel fatter as I get older.
Thank you! It rides very well although wasn’t sure if the short stem would be too much, but the frame is nicely suited to this set up. Together with the bars it now has the bmx/cruiser feel i was wanting. They help make it nimble and responsive and can throw it around just like a bmx should. The position provides just the right amount of weight on the bars without feeling upright too which my back thanks me for! Can still get elbows out and head down when needed or just sit back and enjoy the ride. 👌

I really like that Karakoram, looks very clean and very well specced too!
My 1999 Tequesta started out like that before moving some of the parts to my 1998 Tempest (see profile picture).
However I still have my Tequesta which needs some loving too. It makes for a great ride with those BMX bars.
Cheers 👍 Yours looks like a great ride!
I am amazed just how good the bars make it feel, and with just a simple mod like this makes it like a whole new bike. Certainly going to go this route again.

Back