Orange Clockwork

IMG_4718.jpeg
I was wrong about the bearing cover being on the outside. It was present on in the inside, just another on the outside for good measure 🙄 Anyway the wheel is fine, wants a single cone, some bearings and the freehub body hadn’t been tightened. Easy stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_4736.jpeg
    IMG_4736.jpeg
    481.7 KB · Views: 3
Mmm.. Just noticed that the 3 of the the 4 sides are built 2 cross. I’ll have to change it.

Attachments

• IMG_4739.jpeg
    IMG_4739.jpeg
    515.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4738.jpeg
    IMG_4738.jpeg
    544.8 KB · Views: 7
Leave as 2X, i have some two cross, you have DT DB spokes there too. There was a period of 3x/2x Rears (or people would take it further if building yourself 3x / radial rear.)
Be plenty strong and all the wear and tear is bedded in to that setup.

That and you'll need to stretch the spokes by 6mm

Last edited:
Leave as 2X, i have some two cross, you have DT DB spokes there too. There was a period of 3x/2x Rears (or people would take it further if building yourself 3x / radial rear.)
Be plenty strong and all the wear and tear is bedded in to that setup.

That and you'll need to stretch the spokes by 6mm
Yeah you’re probably right. They’ve made it 30 odd years so far like this and they’re tensioned up lovely. A good clean up for them today then is in order.

Hubs all serviced with new bearings and some cones from donor LX hubs. Cleaned the wheels up too. That front wheel was a pain to clean but got it pretty nice, I’ll give them another look over before tyres go on.

Attachments

• IMG_4869.jpeg
    IMG_4869.jpeg
    404.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4867.jpeg
    IMG_4867.jpeg
    948.3 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: JCS
IMG_4912.jpeg
Well that’s where I am. Some brake and gear levers on the way, and I’ve got some alloy bars to polish up so I’ll do that later on and clean up the saddle and chuck it on.

Back