1993 MERLIN Titanium retro MTB build-up thread with much Syncros and Ringlé

1993 was the first year of 27.2. before that it was 27.0.

At least at their road versions!

Hello, I am a MERLIN fan from Berlin. I was searching for the right seat tube diameter of my 1993 MERLIN Titanium. 27.2 or 27.0 was the question?
I found the answer at RetroBike in fguki post #55 - 27.0 seems to be the right diameter - 27.2 is a bit too tight in my opinion ... I'll try it out ... I just ordered a THOMSON Elite in 27.0
fguki - where can I buy well-made decals online that are close to the original? Any tip is welcome ... Thanks for your help in advance ...
Hardy, my Decals were all ordered directly from MERLIN and are original. Pricey - but worth it. You will hardly find any at eBay or in Spain etc. that really are the original Merlin quality. Most of the times, the decals are made very sloppy (wrong vector work, font types off and so on) and also they are way too thick!

So, dont waste you money for egovinyls from Spain and so on. An original MERLIN build and a frame in awesome shape is still worth about 1.200-1.500 Euros in the EU. So its worth the 120,00 Euros of original decals!

Hardy, my Decals were all ordered directly from MERLIN and are original. Pricey - but worth it. You will hardly find any at eBay or in Spain etc. that really are the original Merlin quality. Most of the times, the decals are made very sloppy (wrong vector work, font types off and so on) and also they are way too thick!

So, dont waste you money for egovinyls from Spain and so on. An original MERLIN build and a frame in awesome shape is still worth about 1.200-1.500 Euros in the EU. So its worth the 120,00 Euros of original decals!
Thanks for the tip about the decals ... I bought a set from a seller in France ... That was 30 euros burned ...

Back