Kona King Kikapu Marzocchi Marathon losing air

Dombo63

Retro Newbie
I have a 2002 Kona King Kikapu which, like Trigger’s broom has had everything replaced over time bar the frame. Forks are Marzocchi Marathon S bought new in ‘05, serviced once I think but now don’t seem to hold air, although they seem to work ok, no uncontrolled bouncing, and what bumps they encounter seem to be soaked up well enough. ETA lever to reduce the travel for climbing works ok too. Apparently Marzocchi no longer support these so i have two questions:
Can anybody recommend somewhere that services forks of this vintage, or
What would be similar quality replacement (I imagine second hand as I doubt anyone makes decent 26 forks now)
TIA

I have a 2002 Kona King Kikapu which, like Trigger’s broom has had everything replaced over time bar the frame. Forks are Marzocchi Marathon S bought new in ‘05, serviced once I think but now don’t seem to hold air, although they seem to work ok, no uncontrolled bouncing, and what bumps they encounter seem to be soaked up well enough. ETA lever to reduce the travel for climbing works ok too. Apparently Marzocchi no longer support these so i have two questions:
What would be similar quality replacement (I imagine second hand as I doubt anyone makes decent 26 forks now)
TIA
Get to google or faecbook there is a Dr Marzocchi who does loads of spares and repairs if needs be but he’s in Germany

TIA

Worth checking the Dr: https://dr-zocchi.projectweb.de/

Back