Vintage Viking Identification

Phew. Great news with the drilling.
The fog of confusion is lifting.

The head lugs look like nervex, although with the long fishtail they usually had a further eye cut in the circular corner cutaways.
The top and downtube shapes are similar too
Screenshot_20240503-200901_Gallery.jpg

Thanks great picture yes I'm feeling more confident on the Viking front but still some questions to answer and more mysteries with the lugs very similar to the picture but not quite as is often the case with these things so many variations and combinations

The slightly asymmetrical lower edge to the righthand rear dropout suggests to me that a gear hanger was cut off at some time.
Wasn't 26.8mm one of the seat post sizes for 531 plain gauge, or am I thinking of 26.4?

Good observation on the dropout I will give it a good look tomorrow, can't imagine why someone would cut it off though?

I See lots of information online but many sites do say old 531 plain gauge is 26.8mm So who knows, are there any other ways of identifying the tubing?

I'm ignorant of any specific Viking knowledge . I'd say the pre respray looks genuine . Most little tweaks could be made if you're prepared to pay and lugs are faves to chip away at .

Sorry might be being a bit dim here but I don't understand this response what do you mean by pre-respray and what looks genuine.... sorry just don't to miss any crucial insights

When more 'fashionable' continental rear mechs made Benelux models less desirable a lot of frames had Cyclo dropouts trimmed to enable fitting of newer designs. If you were to remove the forks there's a possibility that there is a tubing roll-stamp visible on the steerer - only a slight one though with such a small frame.

Back