1995 Rocky Mountain Suzi Q - Canadian Unobtainium

Holly Grail !! Don´t enhance the photos please, this is too cool o_O

It looks really good. The bell isn´t as bad as the saddle, that is satanic!🫣 But the previous owner had a nice kit.

Stunning, I don’t recall the last time I even saw a photo of one, so, so rare.😋
Yeah … I’d never seen one up closer ever til I got this.

It’s frame #44 so they made at least that. I don’t know how many were made, what numbers exist, and what the production story was.

Online … there’s a cracked one in BC I think. A frame in Europe somewhere …. No idea the condition. There was that one on eBay that may or may not of sold for a ridiculous price. And another compete bike also somewhere in Europe.

So 4 or 5 accounted for. Maybe 2-3 of those whole.

I think Derek Bailey made them all. The chaps in the Canadian bike FB group probably know better as some of them work there at hat period.

Great stuff 😍

The bike as you've bought it looks already close to perfect (but sure not with a Specialized saddle and blue walls)

Just to me the Manitou SX5 is a bit of a low light. I don't like this too much in general, because of a bit uninspired look, and the ones I've got had been all damaged (but most Judys too).

Anyway, If this would be my bike (just a small dream), I would prefer a white painted Judy as shown at this picture from a German mountain bike magazine in 1995.
Rocky Mountain suzi Q custom aus Bike 1995.jpg
Other than that, this build is a maybe a bit over the top.

Still, i have seen also pictures from Suzi Q bikes with a ~98-ish Bomber Z2 or 2001er RS Judy Race in "electric red", as both seem to match quite well color-wise to the frame.

I saw that one … super wild. I’ll either do a white Judy SL or a FSX still thinking on that.

Latest posts

Back