Campagnolo self extracting bolt removal tool...

Jared Purdy

Dirt Disciple
If you've ever used one of these, or have looked for one, then you know what it is. I'm looking for one, and I'd be happy to pay. If anyone has one, please advise!

Regards, JP

Last edited:
It is a left hand thread tool. I have seen a couple aftermarket versions, but as you are learning they are not easy to find, and usually run (at least Camp ones) much higher in price than they should be. I think the last Camp one I saw was about $100 which is more than the crankset cost me.

It is a left hand thread tool. I have seen a couple aftermarket versions, but as you are learning they are not easy to find, and usually run (at least Camp ones) much higher in price than they should be. I think the last Camp one I saw was about $100 which is more than the crankset cost me.
I've found someone who claims to have a few. I'm waiting to hear back from him. Not sure what he's charging? Yes, they are very hard to come by. I haven't seen any aftermarket versions. I'd be happy to buy one of those.

Secured one. $50!

Last edited:
That's the one! Really? Campy is all I have used (on my "racing" bikes") in 45 years.
Well look at the succeeding cranks this idea was not prevelant from what I know & like you I’ve used Campag components on & off since 78.

I'm not particularly concerned with what is prevalent and what is not. Designs in this industry are constantly changing, as they are with just about everywhere else. The diversity of it is what intrigues me. I have three "racing" bikes. A Colnago C60 with 2015+ Record 11 speed mechanical, a 2013 Master with a mix of 2005 and 2008 Record 10 speed and a 92' Marinoni with 93' Record 8 speed. They are all very different bikes, and I enjoy riding all of them and I enjoy equally as much working on each one of them, and their mechanical differences. Some of the tools can be used on all of them, some tools are specific to one or the other. What ever. I'm fine with it all.

can you make a simplified tool? Crudely, Get a nail, cut the head off. Sharpen the point so it fits into one of the holes. Bend it into a broad U shape, such that the 2 ends slot into the holes. Then hold with pliers and turn like a key

Latest posts

Back