Folders! Foldable bicycles; love or hate? do you own/use one? Minivelos and demontables added

Smaller wheels not as comfy?
Yeah I suppose, I can't really complain but the minivelo also has 1.7s on there which makes, in my opinion, for a plush ride. Does it feel harsher than a 26er with 1.7? Yes ofc, but the whole overly-rigid feeling of smaller wheeled bicycles is also what makes it such a fun ride to me. Super pacy, responds well to really giving it some torque. Front suspension alone seems like unnecessary weight for a bit of dampening, but I also don't ride with a very weighed down front end, so that could be it. Full suspension folders does make better sense but for me would just be extra hassle. (Also I'd only acknowledge a Moulton as I've becomena a bit of a snob)

Yeah I suppose, I can't really complain but the minivelo also has 1.7s on there which makes, in my opinion, for a plush ride. Does it feel harsher than a 26er with 1.7? Yes ofc, but the whole overly-rigid feeling of smaller wheeled bicycles is also what makes it such a fun ride to me. Super pacy, responds well to really giving it some torque. Front suspension alone seems like unnecessary weight for a bit of dampening, but I also don't ride with a very weighed down front end, so that could be it. Full suspension folders does make better sense but for me would just be extra hassle. (Also I'd only acknowledge a Moulton as I've becomena a bit of a snob)
Moultons are great, I have two for karma 😟

hiya guys, I just picked up one of these, its the sister bike, the Raleigh evo2, Halfords grey n black edition. any body know what upgrades work etc? suspension forks, disc kits, ev kits, blingy bits, I have seen the bike under other brands as well
I agree with the other gentlemen; no need for discs or non standard suspension. I don't think it would work well, if the bike isn't designed for it. What I would try is a nicer crankset, derailleurs and shifters, and some blingy parts can be done if you like that sort of thing.

Back