Roberts - either Black Leopard or Snow Leopard

pete_mcc":16atalu4 said:
That is a good looking bike. Love that stem, brings back memories of Brant Richards' custom stems from the early 90s where he was convinced that 140mm/40 degree stems were the way forward and put them on everything.

Now, only question...what colour is that saddle? Can't help thinking crisp white or black would suit the bike better

quite like well worn brown saddles as otherwise everything looks a little too colour co-ordinated and precious, each man to their own of course :)

Re:

Thanks for the nice comments chaps.

Saddle is a nice 'brindle' Brown rolls and broken in well, very comfy and quite in keeping with the retro roadie look, and I too am glad I didn't go with the white seatpost, instead I opted for the Strong seatpost that came with the bike originally, probably from 87 when it rolled out for the first time. Stem is inspiration from the old Fisher hookooekoo I had a while back and the Potts era brazed stems, perfect for a comfortable non back breaking ride which is what the frames geometry seems to be aimed at plus If I use it for touring on it'll be better in the long run.
Ideally needs a new front tyre, but I'm loathed to spend £35 on a dart for to match so for now sticking to the old vuelta.

RBG

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":1umaudqz said:
New custom stem picked up on friday, missus birthday on saturday ........... so sunday I fitted it

35 degree rise and 140mm length, makes for a very comfortable upright ride ........ I bloody love it :D

Nice to meet you on the Sunday Skyride Longun ........... nice Cindercone :cool:

IMAG1109_zpsvrqhakik.jpg

IMAG1113_zpscts8ajg3.jpg

IMAG1116_zpsdmaoynzs.jpg

IMAG1117_zpsxez9g6f4.jpg

IMAG1118_zpsvebav1bq.jpg

RBG

was indeed a pleasure to meet you too buddy. apparently a few people was asking about it while i qued for food but yours blew me away!!! the pics are great but everyone, believe me, its much much nicer in the flesh.... i mean steel :)

Giving this a gentle nudge as somehow I missed the thread first time around... A wonderful build - great colour and selection of parts. Are there more Snow Leopards on here? A rare beast indeed :)

I really like it, the handlebar stem suits it really well, and I think the tyres and saddle give the new finish its vintage look too.

Out of interest where did you source the stem, and is it drop bar friendly...?

P.s don't forget to add this to the British Steel thread and the Best of British thread, im sure its the only one on the site...!!!

Re:

Stem was custom made by a chap called Dylan at pim cycles here in York, its not as finely finished as the Roberts if i'm honest but I like it, he will make anything to your requirements, this was something that was base on a fisher I had, really nice upright comfortable design that I feel suits the bike, takes a standard 25.4mm flatbar but he can do 26.0mm if required.

He will also make a Potts dropbar stem copy if required. ;)

Will get some nice new up to date pictures done soon and added to the thread Sim :)

RBG

Re:

P.S. don't know how Pim cycles are doing at the moment, he was totally flooded out when the authorities decided to raise the barrier and flood hundreds of businesses and homes....

RBG

Really nice mate. You've done a great job

Back