The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

Just under three years. Tried to find a local job but the salaries were very low indeed. Gin went to £1.47 by the time we left ☹️ Gordon's gin was about £18. A local brewery that was set up by the Germans many years ago, still made beers to the German purity laws, including a Dunkel Lager😋 4 pack around 50p. Food in the shops and local restaurants, Café s etc was superb as long as you avoided Girne harbour tourist trap, food ok but high price for the view. People were fantastic, often asking us where we were from, especially when stopped at the traffic lights, replies "from the UK" were met with cheers. World cup year, was a big party every day and massive fireworks when Turkey won. My Uncle was part of the UN forces in 73 on, he didn't want to leave either. Might have some more pics but they'll be from 7x5 prints.
One trip through the mountains found a sign, offering fresh Orange juice, so we stopped by for some drinks and left with a sack of Oranges as a parting gift 🤷 A trip out West brought us to the last beach before the Greek border, deserted, great for a swim we thought, then the Military arrived and pointed back down the road we'd just come down. All very pleasant though, I don't think that they saw anybody else for weeks on end.
It was 1974 when Turkey invaded the island,the UN came later when it settled down a bit.I'm the 18 year old Marine looking through the bino's in the picture, i was there but did'nt get the T shirt! Despite one of our guy's getting shot (wounded) it was great fun :) except when the whole Company got Dysentery :(
DSC00037.JPG

It was 1974 when Turkey invaded the island,the UN came later when it settled down a bit.I'm the 18 year old Marine looking through the bino's in the picture, i was there but did'nt get the T shirt! Despite one of our guy's getting shot (wounded) it was great fun :) except when the whole Company got Dysentery :(
View attachment 844513
memory isn't what it used to be, glad to be corrected. My uncle was the cook in the army at the time, then on to UN duty. Longden was the surname.

iPhone shot while having a fag outside Liverpool street station
Used the perspective tool to stop the buildings looking as if they were falling over IMG_2735.jpeg

A shift lense required 😀 I used to have Zuiko shift on an OM1. Lovely things. Might invest in shift for my Sony, if they are good enough from the non OEM brands.

A shift lense required 😀 I used to have Zuiko shift on an OM1. Lovely things. Might invest in shift for my Sony, if they are good enough from the non OEM brands.
Haha yes! I’ve never used one though as always were expensive.
You had the OM1 original ? I had the OM2n which was a very nice camera.

Back