Titanium bottle cages

It's only okay to buy from China once it's been rebranded and sold by a European or American company don't you know? Plenty of folks on here happily buying cheap shite from eBay and Amazon, 90 percent of which is from China but shipped from an EU/UK/US warehouse, so it feels less dirty I guess. Also it's no fun when we balance the score, west is best, east for the beast.
totally true it's just already been shipped from china, but you get posh chinese things too.
on a 2015 BMW I helped my mate change a rear light, made in china was on it

Effectively, the most trusted way to be "ethical" and "patriotic" is to buy old stuff, from home, or at least from a list of other countries which fit a "political" will - either an individual or governmental "will". At least we can enjoy to have a choice, unlike many other places in the world.

Personally, I've being actively trying to boycott Chinese made products for about the last 8 years or so. Begrudgingly, it is almost impossible concerning various high tech. I'm writing this on a 2012 Lenovo lap-top, and while it's been superb there will be no brand loyalty under the current world affairs climate. It's not for me to preach either. No one puts a gun to our heads and dictates how our money should be spent, but I think that free right is worth defending overall.

Effectively, the most trusted way to be "ethical" and "patriotic" is to buy old stuff, from home, or at least from a list of other countries which fit a "political" will - either an individual or governmental "will". At least we can enjoy to have a choice, unlike many other places in the world.

Personally, I've being actively trying to boycott Chinese made products for about the last 8 years or so. Begrudgingly, it is almost impossible concerning various high tech. I'm writing this on a 2012 Lenovo lap-top, and while it's been superb there will be no brand loyalty under the current world affairs climate. It's not for me to preach either. No one puts a gun to our heads and dictates how our money should be spent, but I think that free right is worth defending overall.
I'm going to start selling my underwear online, it'll be used and from home, but I fear that the cheap cotton boxers I buy in the supermarket might be made in China. Just no escape for me :(

But I heard it's plenty lucrative provided you've got a good set of knockers and smell nice. The former is a tick in my book, the latter not so much.

I appreciate that people have different ethics, I don’t buyy coke or use Starbucks because of their participation in using stolen Palestinian land. I just don’t get how people can do mental gymnastics to say buying something western is more ethical than eastern. Up until very recently it was the west driving consumerism leading that lead to global warming. It’s the west that still puts our soldier boots (well sometimes drones now) on others soil. It’s the west that has driven quality of life for its own people. It’s the west that has stolen the worlds wealth and when refugees come here wanting help, risking their life, we tut and call them out for trying to exploit us. It’s laughable that we point fingers at others. Look at some of these graphs showing the success of the CCP, I do wonder if it’s just a “China is bad” mentality. https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/CHN/china/life-expectancy

Back