1948 Claud Butler Avant Coureur #82595

Re: Re:

firedfromthecircus":bv5w0g3q said:
Paint it Rose Gold and call it evens! :LOL:

Get ye behind me Satan! :evil:

bagpuss":bv5w0g3q said:
Be bold go for gold.... My first project way back in 2006 was a Claud Bulter Ac. I was later informed that it was an All Rounder {Similar bi laminated lugs?} .
I still have it . Built as a fixed wheel .
Half chrome forks and rear triangle, gold paint with red lining to the lugs .

Maybe...... :?

Still not sure… this bike is pretty rare and I really only re-spray a different colour if a frame has already been changed in the past (except my sixties Super Coureur, but the Belgian flag theme was just too dull)
Anyway… progress…. First a fine layer of MOD/RAF green etch primer, the stuff you see inside engine bays etc on fast jets. HMG paints in Manchester will sell it to you if you're trade (gutted I forgot to photograph this stage as it looked the nuts, but I was hogging the spray booth so had to crack on) and now it’s in a high build 2K white primer… :cool:

Attachments

• Claud Butler Avant Coureur (11).JPG
    Claud Butler Avant Coureur (11).JPG
    934.1 KB · Views: 556
Saturday post has arrived with a collection of stickers from H-lloyd Cycles… stickers always make me smile; I know simple things please simple minds…. :D
I’m hoping to get these copied as waterslides or rubdowns but, failing that they are of a good quality so may well use them anyway.

Something to note; if you can show Steve at H-lloyd cycles a decal with differences he will quite happily make the changes and still only charge you the face value of the sticker, then add the new one to his catalogue. For example, the Olympic chevrons on this frame had the colour banding in reverse order to the version on his site….

Attachments

• IMG_3937.JPG
    IMG_3937.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 533
  • IMG_3938.JPG
    IMG_3938.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 533
  • 4D9DB75D-5A74-4C3D-B51A-38D04510360E.jpeg
    4D9DB75D-5A74-4C3D-B51A-38D04510360E.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 525
Nice job.... but I’ve convinced myself to stay with the original pink.

Looking very good so far, so how long before we see the shiny frame in all its pink glory?

allenh":2fn61cas said:
Looking very good so far, so how long before we see the shiny frame in all its pink glory?

sorry, it’s on the rack until at least April

Cheeky scamp!

Back