1989 (90?) Merlin Mountain

That's a very cool bike and an interesting piece of MTB history. With the Joe Murray and Track Two element it makes a very interesting stablemate with your Brodie.
You have probably seen it already but there is some good Merlin historic info on the MOMBAT website.
Please let us know how it rides, once you have built it up. I have never ridden a Merlin but like you it has long been a dream bike. I would love a 1992 frame with the S-bend rear stays... one day...

I can help you guys with this... 98mm for the black text 100mm including the clear border (1mm each end). In terms of positioning, from the centre of the rear axle to the right hand edge of the clear border 70mm 😉
Nice, thanks for chiming in. I was already guessing my decal to be missing a few mm at the right, my measurement was only 96mm based on what is still visible, great that you were able to measure one still fully intact 👍

20240501_003408633_iOS.jpg

That's a very cool bike and an interesting piece of MTB history. With the Joe Murray and Track Two element it makes a very interesting stablemate with your Brodie.
You have probably seen it already but there is some good Merlin historic info on the MOMBAT website.
Please let us know how it rides, once you have built it up. I have never ridden a Merlin but like you it has long been a dream bike. I would love a 1992 frame with the S-bend rear stays... one day...
Yes, it sure does make a good stable mate to the Brodie. I'm guessing some of us rank our bikes to some degree. I'd say the Merlin will be a tie with my Brodie at the top of my list regarding bikes I have most wanted since diving deep into the sport in the late 80s.

I will definitely provide a ride report post build after completing one of my favorite loops 👍

Great job, and a proper length stem! Looks bonkers long on the third shot! 😍😜
Proper length is right! 150mm, with the top tube at 21.5” it feels just right to me, previous owner selected. And what’s better than a Salsa Moto on a Merlin ;)?

I’m antsy to get this build done with late coming decals being the delay

Quite pleased with the assembled front end :D

IMG_6224.JPG

Back