1989 Muddy Fox Limited Edition 16"

This stunner popped up in the US not that long ago. Bargain for $150!!!

Just look at that rollercam/Suntour beauty...

Says in the description that the seller found it in a loft when moving in to a house. Retro dream! I’d love to find some surprise treasures some day.

That's part of what I like about this bike. It's from a time when Muddy Fox still meant something.
They were there in the 80s, and drove some design forward -
iirc 1998 still offering nice quality tange prestige steel hardtails😍 for discerning riders,
but by 2000 oversize aluminium URT sussers🤮 for catalogue buyers.

Says in the description that the seller found it in a loft when moving in to a house. Retro dream! I’d love to find some surprise treasures some day.
I have come across a couple of loft and shed finds over the years.... unfortunately, they had been stuffed in the loft (or in the back of the shed) because they deserved to be :LOL: This MF proves that there are some real gems stashed away still to be found though!

They were there in the 80s, and drove some design forward -
iirc 1998 still offering nice quality tange prestige steel hardtails😍 for discerning riders,
but by 2000 oversize aluminium URT sussers🤮 for catalogue buyers.
It often seems to be the case that when a bike company is sold and the originators leave after their earn out that a fair proportion are never quite the same again. Some can come back though.

It often seems to be the case that when a bike company is sold and the originators leave after their earn out that a fair proportion are never quite the same again. Some can come back though.
it's reputational asset stripping.
Use the respected brand identity to inflate percieved value and make a good margin, then flog the brand on for peanuts when it's worn out.
pension fund anyone?

Back