1993 Cannondale M800 BOTE

A few changes made since the last post:

I toned down the gold anodizing of the seatpost clamp to better match the faded look of raceface headset. A quick bath in ZEP industrial Purple, just not too long or the gold will fully disappear!

Ended up going with black caged XC pro pedals and put the bronze cage versions on another bike

Swapped to black ano Mavic 231 rims with Ringle front hub. Unfortunately the rear is a non-matching LX unit but wheels are still an upgrade in my books

Cook skewers. These were more affordable due to them not having correct skewer nuts. Using some XT “O” rings and some careful hand filing followed but hand turning against a hand held disc sander I managed to create some acceptable (I think) Cook skewer nut copies. Much better than a random black ano nut I think.

Here is what I started with and how it ended up:

View attachment 818474
View attachment 818475

Another handlebar swap to a Syncros Hardcore bulge bar. It’s got the Syncros lettering under the grips. I’d always wanted to see what clear grips would look like so gave it a go. I’m pleased with the result.

One upcoming change is the removal of the Syncros crank-o-matics as I just landed a bucket list crankset that needs them more :cool:. I’m going with repro black domed Cook style dust caps on the Cook cranks

View attachment 818478
View attachment 818479
View attachment 818480
View attachment 818481
View attachment 818482
View attachment 818483
View attachment 818484
Very nice evolution of a build. And yes, you need to change the rear hub :D

Can you come and polish mine please 🤣
But you are missing the main decal from LH chainstay?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207-071304.png
    Screenshot_20240207-071304.png
    698.7 KB · Views: 15
I know, the decal set I used was missing that all important decal

Maybe I'll try making one with my vinyl cutter 🤔
@Canuckbiker If you managed to get the dimensions from @stew-b - and get them printed and cut out on your vinyl cutter, I may request four in the "Black n' Yellow" colour ;-) (Am unsure how to measure mine)

Attachments

• Twenty Six copy.JPG
    Twenty Six copy.JPG
    338.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I can get you dimensions from my M800 if you need them 👍🏻
Thanks! yes, if you don't mind supplying measurements that would be great

@stephan I'm limited to only solid colors with my cutter. leave it with me though and if I make a file that is usable I'll share what I plan to cut out and see if you're interested

If someone has a high res close up and straight on photo they can share it would help me to create the needed vector file, I can try working with stew-b's photo for now

As far as decal making goes my skills are pretty limited but I've managed to cut some that turned out 👍

Thanks! yes, if you don't mind supplying measurements that would be great

@stephan I'm limited to only solid colors with my cutter. leave it with me though and if I make a file that is usable I'll share what I plan to cut out and see if you're interested

If someone has a high res close up and straight on photo they can share it would help me to create the needed vector file, I can try working with stew-b's photo for now

As far as decal making goes my skills are pretty limited but I've managed to cut some that turned out 👍
I also have a cutter but need a better picture than mine lol, I can potentially do 2 colours.

Back