1995 P7 trying to fit middlebirn rs2 cranks help with BB

Re:

sorted the issue.used a 122.5 73 shell bb with a 5mm lockring which i managed to screw onto the right hand shell of the shimano bb i then retro fitted new thumbshifters which replaced the old stx sti shifters so now no issues with the front mech not working as the thumbshifte is friction so you can put it any where ...good points ..thumbshifters are so simple and work there half the weight and look the part

only big pain with the middleburn is shifting up isnt as good as when compared to the ease of shifting that shimano hyberdrive cranks so you want light weight and easy shifting sadly the middleburn rungs just dont upshift as well as the shimano

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sturmey-Arche ... 5d3141f77d

they sell 9 speed right shifters 2

there precise but cluncky

ideally if i will fit a lightweight 129/130 bb one day and all sorted

so to sum up

to fit middleburn on an old orange p7 you need 68 shell 130 length bb and use thumbshifters for the front mech it so sorts all the indexing pains out of trying to get it to work

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back