2010 Bianchi Infinito build

Last parts of the build arrived today, second bottle cafe and the green Hope headset cap. Hope it's as nice to ride as it is to look at 😁🇮🇹 IMG_20230503_131944109_HDR.jpg IMG_20230503_132023454_HDR.jpg IMG_20230503_132120442_HDR.jpg IMG_20230503_132132588_HDR.jpg IMG_20230503_132250299_HDR.jpg IMG_20230503_132355393_HDR.jpg IMG_20230503_132459962_HDR.jpg

Lovely bike. Definitely lighter than any of the clunky ham-tanks their sponsors are forcing the Pro's to race on nowadays.

Been chatting with GCN tech on this exact topic recently. Of getting an older pinnarello/Bianchi/BMC/Merida/Trek carbon, something affordable with an actual round seatpost instead of these multi-shaped aero posts on modern bikes which always slip and are hard to find if broken, and a proper groupset using cables and rim brakes. Don't exactly need a 3rd carbon bike, but sure.......technically didn't need the second one either, lol

So how much was the frameset?

Lovely bike. Definitely lighter than any of the clunky ham-tanks their sponsors are forcing the Pro's to race on nowadays.

Been chatting with GCN tech on this exact topic recently. Of getting an older pinnarello/Bianchi/BMC/Merida/Trek carbon, something affordable with an actual round seatpost instead of these multi-shaped aero posts on modern bikes which always slip and are hard to find if broken, and a proper groupset using cables and rim brakes. Don't exactly need a 3rd carbon bike, but sure.......technically didn't need the second one either, lol

So how much was the frameset?
The frameset was £600. Advertised as mint and it was, I had a friend collect it for me.
Agree with all of that. I recently built up a Vitus Vitesse EVO. Based on the flip flop blue/purple paint and wanting to see how different it felt. Using 105 hydraulic levers with everything else Ultegra, it came in at 9kg. The DT Swiss wheels probably didn't help the overall weight, OEM on a Canyon ( there's a reason why Canyon owners sell them for something lighter!) On the plus side, it does have a round 27.2 seatpost, as does a Time frame I recently saw a video about.
The Bianchi is also a bit lighter than the Colnago C50 I built up too.
Interestingly but maybe not surprising is that my Hope/Mavic Open Pro wheels are lighter than the Cosmic ones on this bike but look a bit out of place on it. The Cosmic Carbone ones are heavier still but look better.
The wranglings we have, eh? Lol

The frameset was £600. Advertised as mint and it was, I had a friend collect it for me.
Agree with all of that. I recently built up a Vitus Vitesse EVO. Based on the flip flop blue/purple paint and wanting to see how different it felt. Using 105 hydraulic levers with everything else Ultegra, it came in at 9kg. The DT Swiss wheels probably didn't help the overall weight, OEM on a Canyon ( there's a reason why Canyon owners sell them for something lighter!) On the plus side, it does have a round 27.2 seatpost, as does a Time frame I recently saw a video about.
The Bianchi is also a bit lighter than the Colnago C50 I built up too.
Interestingly but maybe not surprising is that my Hope/Mavic Open Por wheels are lighter than the Cosmic ones on this bike but look a bit out of place on it. The Cosmic Carbone ones a re heavier still but look better.
The wranglings we have, eh? Lol
Agree with all of this as well!

Back