2012 Charge Duster

Salsa cromoto deffo. What's the a2c you need like 440ish?
Those ones were 445mm I believe, just been looking on Ebay and there's a used set in the US but they'll be north of £200 by the time they get here. How things change. I have a recollection of those costing around £70 brand new, OK that was at trade price but still. :(
I wish they were 500mmish I have a set of Tange ones that length in the garage.

I've found that Identiti do a fork similar to the Salsa for £120. Looks the part, price is OKish I s'pose, then I saw the weight. I know it's not everything but 1300ish grams for a steel 26" QR rigid fork seems a bit excessive? The 505mm, boost, tapered steerer one in my NS weighs that with the axle and so does the new Fox 32.

Yeah, they are over built. They do jump bikes, they build things to last. Look nice though.

Maybe put a wanted add up, loads of cromotos were sold, must be some in someone's shed

Yeah, they are over built. They do jump bikes, they build things to last. Look nice though.

Maybe put a wanted add up, loads of cromotos were sold, must be some in someone's shed
Yeah, these are meant to be the XC forks, dread to think what the jump ones come in at!
I'll keep an eye out for some Cromotos, there's no hurry with this, so however long it takes. 👍 😁

Could be worth a delve into the depths of big Ali, they're going to come from that way whatever brand is on them I suppose.
I would like a Salsa though. 👍 😁
I've some On One non bouncy forks somewhere, though I can't mind the a to c on them. Those Charge frames are very meaty so it seems the Cromoto are a match made in heaven.

I've some On One non bouncy forks somewhere, though I can't mind the a to c on them. Those Charge frames are very meaty so it seems the Cromoto are a match made in heaven.
The frame weighs in at 2kgs or 4.4lbs not too bad for a steel frame really, same as my Bontrager Race or Privateer. Cromotos are roughly 1kg from memory, I'd like to keep whatever I end up with around there really. 👍 😁

The frame weighs in at 2kgs or 4.4lbs not too bad for a steel frame really, same as my Bontrager Race or Privateer. Cromotos are roughly 1kg from memory, I'd like to keep whatever I end up with around there really. 👍 😁
Does this have the undersized frame tubes?

Latest posts

Back