sawston_vulcan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Last price drop before ebay

£160 plus postage [£12-15 but might be a bit more]...or £160 collected

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33024988@N03/?saved=1

FRAME

Though sad to see this project not come to completion...however the forthcoming purchase of a Condor Pista frame requires it to be done.

Key details....the frame dates from the 1980s and was built by Mike Mullett who was Gerald O'Donovan's second in charge at Raleigh's Ilkeston SBDU....he is a well respected frame builder...should say was as he has retired from frame building and returned to teaching in 1984!

I bought this frame from Hilary Stone earlier in the year and had it resprayed in canary yellow...i got the Decals...Mike Mullett and 531SL from Nick Tithcott and after they were attached to the frame...the frame was then lacquered.....this was done in July and the frame has not been touched since...kept in a nice warm room....so is pristine and the paint has fully cured.....The dropouts are [a] vertical and chromed and in good condition....the dropouts are made by Suntour

The frame take brakes with alan key bolts and the rear spacing is 126mm and also comes with two gear lever bosses.

Seat tube: C2C=53cm & C2T=54CM

Top tube: C2C=53CM

Brake drop: 39-49mm

Head tube: Top to bottom=12cm

No dents or dings...no rust...all threads are clean

Also included is a Tange headset and if wanted a Shimano RX-100 band on front mech and an Ultegra rear mech with new glass fibre [BBB] pulley wheels

531SL is rare and this frame is in excellent condition....all i want to do is get my money back....so i'm asking for £185 posted or £175 collected both OVNO

Any relevant questions please ask

Mullet Frameset.

A very nice frameset with a TOP pedigree - Mike had left the SBDU by the time I ordered my 531Pro frameset.

531SL is nearly as light as 753R and more practical and rarer too.

A real connoisseurs frameset.

I'd prefer it any day to a Condor.

Good luck with the sale - too small for me otherwise I'd have it.

Roadking.

Re: Mullet Frameset.

roadking":21elzhz2 said:
A very nice frameset with a TOP pedigree - Mike had left the SBDU by the time I ordered my 531Pro frameset.

531SL is nearly as light as 753R and more practical and rarer too.

A real connoisseurs frameset.

I'd prefer it any day to a Condor.

Good luck with the sale - too small for me otherwise I'd have it.

Roadking.

I ride fixed....and the MM has vertical dropouts...so don't fancy having to buy ENO and rear sprocket [£160 before adding in a rim and building]....but if it don't go i might....the Condor ok not as good but is more practical for my needs.....lots of people like it but nobody want to buy it!....Thanks for the nice comments....but he packed it all in 1984 and returned to teaching....i believe he is still alive and well in Reading but not much about him anymore....he used to be a regular contributor to the 'comic' in the 1970s and possible 1980s.

Crimbo Day Price Reduction

Now-£185 posted or £175 collected both OVNO

This is an excellent frame at a really competitive price

Back