Adidas Velosamba's

Tsundere

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
These were harder to find than unicorn droppings a couple of years back, then they were everywhere for £150+ a pair, now the hipsters are pissed off and abandoning ship because apparently they're not quite as ethically vegan as originally claimed, maybe some nazi ants fell into the dye tank or something.

Anyway, the market's flooded with them at £40 a pair. Not bad for a decent pair of walkable clipless shoes. Warning, hipster colour schemes are still priced in the hundreds, stick to OG low key non vegan black.

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I just bought some of these velosamba shoes . I usually take an 8. in trainers and a nine in Sidi cycling shoes but my fit must be on the wide side so I got some 8.5 's . I have got them set up with time Atac plates and they work well . They are great for my supermarket shop a lot better than clomping around in Sidi shoes . It will be interesting to see how they fare in the long term .

Adidas cycling shoes are very good, in fact I still have a pair of the 1996 carbon sole Jan Ullrich type road shoes which sort of look to be modelled on football boots but are still comfy even at 28 years old. I also had a pair of their mtb spd shoes and they were also good but sadly wore out. I too was tempted by the Velosambas and picked up a cheap pair back in January as replacements for my commuting shoes, I have yet to set them up but they do look to be very well made and a good fit. I was going to say they are cool shoes but Rishi Sunak has put an end to that....
I also sized up a half size, thankfully Adidas have a very good online fitment guide and credit to them as a brand for producing these useful half sizes.

Adidas cycling shoes are very good, in fact I still have a pair of the 1996 carbon sole Jan Ullrich type road shoes which sort of look to be modelled on football boots but are still comfy even at 28 years old. I also had a pair of their mtb spd shoes and they were also good but sadly wore out. I too was tempted by the Velosambas and picked up a cheap pair back in January as replacements for my commuting shoes, I have yet to set them up but they do look to be very well made and a good fit. I was going to say they are cool shoes but Rishi Sunak has put an end to that....
I also sized up a half size, thankfully Adidas have a very good online fitment guide and credit to them as a brand for producing these useful half sizes.
Agreed, I have a pair of Five Ten Trailcross for flat pedal riding in the wet, amazing fit and grip, and completely waterproof.

The Velosambas arrived today and I plan to try them out tomorrow.

These were harder to find than unicorn droppings a couple of years back, then they were everywhere for £150+ a pair, now the hipsters are pissed off and abandoning ship because apparently they're not quite as ethically vegan as originally claimed, maybe some nazi ants fell into the dye tank or something.

Anyway, the market's flooded with them at £40 a pair. Not bad for a decent pair of walkable clipless shoes. Warning, hipster colour schemes are still priced in the hundreds, stick to OG low key non vegan black.

Flooded at £40? For UK size 10? Not sure about that...and these will be a touch too large for me.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Can't say I checked availability of every size, from what I understand it's a batch issue, and so maybe there was limited numbers of 10 in that batch. I have seen size 10s for under £60 which is still half price.

Anyone used these? Are they a decent shoe? I'm an Adidas wearer usually and for normal shoes have always been a size 9, but recently found I've had to go to size 10.5 due to width. With cycling shoes typically sizing small, if my trainer size in Adidas is 10.5, would I need to go bigger?

Anyone used these? Are they a decent shoe? I'm an Adidas wearer usually and for normal shoes have always been a size 9, but recently found I've had to go to size 10.5 due to width. With cycling shoes typically sizing small, if my trainer size in Adidas is 10.5, would I need to go bigger?
Been using mine for a few days now, they are comfy and decent for walking in. They aren't the lightest, but the soles are nice and stiff so you barely feel the cleats.

Well worth the reduced prices in my opinion, wouldn't pay hundreds though.

Sizing wise I usually wear a 10, and have a pair of sambas in that size that fit me perfectly, with these I chanced a 9.5 and they fit pretty snug without being tight.

When I bought mine I tried on a pair of the non SPD Samba that is the equivalent to the velosamba . I am a size eight in trainers usually but after trying an eight and a nine found an 8.5 fitted best so that would be going up half a size on what I normally would take . I tried the normal Adidas shoes on in sports direct local to me .

Been using mine for a few days now, they are comfy and decent for walking in. They aren't the lightest, but the soles are nice and stiff so you barely feel the cleats.

Well worth the reduced prices in my opinion, wouldn't pay hundreds though.

Sizing wise I usually wear a 10, and have a pair of sambas in that size that fit me perfectly, with these I chanced a 9.5 and they fit pretty snug without being tight.
Exactly the post I needed to read to push me to set up my Velosambas 👍.
My failing Diadora MTB shoes had their final commute today and Cleats transferred onto the Velos. Quick round the block and all good with first proper run tomorrow.

Back