Already swapped, thanks! Real brake levers (green)

I see your soted now, can i ask who got the green ones and if they had the brass crescent spacer?

cyfa2809":2d3p8d65 said:
I see your soted now, can i ask who got the green ones and if they had the brass crescent spacer?

i traded for a red set from bratfass, and neither of us had the cresent spacer, well at least i didn't. trying to sort/source a pair as i need them to setup v-brakes i'm using them with. if you're using them with canti, it defaults in the lower position so the spacers aren't necessary.

i did some investigating and the head of some spare aluminum bottle cage bolts i have fit quite nicely into the space. not too snug and not too loose.

Attachments

• IMG_2635.JPG
    IMG_2635.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2638.JPG
    IMG_2638.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 192
I was thinking of something similar.

Was thinking if i cant find any, maybe another brake cable head. Filed with a half round file to crate the crescent and then cut a slot in it (which will allow the brake cable to go through and also hold it in place i believe).

If any pop up, i will fight you for them.

brake cable ends too small. and i don't think you'll need to slot it as the cable pull doesn't look to contact the lower circle.

Brake cable head is perfect fit?

The cable does go into the lower slot under hard braking/when pulled far.

Thats why the orginals had slots in them.

not the ones i have and been using. they are significantly smaller than the hole. perhaps older cables, or different brand?

from what i see, i don't think the cable gets pulled that much down. but i don't have an original spacer to compare/confirm.

Back