American Classic or Ultimate ti seatpost for MTB?

sancho

Senior Retro Guru
I picked up a NOS Ultimate Titanium seatpost that has a clamp which is pretty much the same as an American Classic.

It's a thing of beauty, and I know the AC posts have a pretty good reputation with the road crowd, but I'm curious about the reliability of the clamp design for off road use (and therefore reluctant to insert it into a frame that is going to get ridden hard).

Anybody have experience with either the AC or Ultimate titanium seatpost?

From what i gathered the american classic seatpost as well as the ac adventures seatpost (knock off design) were wonderfully machined and held up well on, and off road. I was initially concerned when looking at the designs closely due to what i thought to be insufficient clamp surface area on the upper clamping piece. I have read great things about these posts and would not hesitate to run one of them off road. Again, this is not coming from personal experience but rather from things that i have read and heard other people say regarding the product.

(^_^)

this is the one with the trinagle shaped clamp? If so then I had one for years and it work great, in fact I'd say the best clapming post I've ever used. I did end up bending it...but then I bent 3 posts in that time due to being fat and lazy...it lasted the longest.

T'boo Ted":2ggma21d said:
this is the one with the trinagle shaped clamp? If so then I had one for years and it work great, in fact I'd say the best clapming post I've ever used. I did end up bending it...but then I bent 3 posts in that time due to being fat and lazy...it lasted the longest.

That's the one. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back