Every bolt was replaced, every thread was retaped, every part was as NOSish and age correct as I possibly could. This was a joint Retrobike build so I had to do you proud and do it right!
53730110276_81aea9550b_h.jpg

53730550215_64bff00e9c_h.jpg

Frame: Formula 1 DPS composites #22

Fork: Pace RC30

Headset: Mavic 305
Stem: Pace Stem/Steerer
Handlebar: Donnay Carbon
Grips: Odi Tomac Attack
Barends: LP Composite

Brakes: FRO
Brake Pads:Mathauser Superpads
Brake Cables: Clarks
Cantilever cable hangers: Microdots
Brake Levers: Techlite, gen 1

Shifters: Mavic 825
Front Derailleur: Mavic 870
Rear Derailleur: Mavic 841
Derailleur Cables: Clarks
Cassette: Sachs Maillard 12-28
Chain: Sedis SC M50
Cranks: Bullseye
Crank Bolts: N/A
Chainrings: Mavic 637
Chainring bolts: Middleburn
Bottom Bracket: Mavic 610
Pedals: DX Spd

Hub Skewers: Ringle
Rims: Mavic M231
Hubs: American Classic
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Vittoria Dual HDC
Tubes: Continental

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite perforated
Seatpost: Formula 1/American Classic
Seatpost Binder: Ringle

This is reminiscent of a magazine build where they try and build the ultimate bike, or when MBi? tried to create a fully British build. It's entirely Shimano and Suntour free except for them pedals! Lovely choice of components and parts.👌:cool:

Loving the hacks/mods by retro engineers and frame builders, they always love a challenge. ;)💪

Lovely Cinelli too. Awesome paint on them beauties! 😍

nicely done.

you have made a future (long time in the future) owner have headaches, that's got to be worth something. :) "Yes I know the bullseye cranks won't fit in a mavic BB, but I'm telling you that's what I have......".

nicely done.

you have made a future (long time in the future) owner have headaches, that's got to be worth something. :) "Yes I know the bullseye cranks won't fit in a mavic BB, but I'm telling you that's what I have......".
I wish I had a Mavic BB with my Bulleye cranks back in the 90s. they didn't like Welsh mud one little bit!

Awesome thread and the finished article is definitely not an anti-climax! Top work Pete and crew

Latest posts

Back