Another British Klunker/Tracker/Chunker?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That looks great......sure it will keep morphing!

I went to pickup a bike today, the guy had a few other oldies rotting away outside (inc a Giant Stonebreaker & GT Timberline with very of the time blue splatter paint and a stuck seatpost o_O)......he gave me this Halfords Trackstar as the bike I bought also has a stuck post (dull...but I'll try Marcs freeze method before destorying it).....the Trackstar is the bike I mentioned with all the chat about trackers/klunkers recently as a knd of premade tracker back in the day, ..I thought it was called a 'Tracker' ut Trackstar is close enough.......clearly its in pretty shoddy state, it had vines on it i pulled off before the pics....comes complete wih vintage combo lock attched...the handlebars look a bit bent in the pic but they're not, just a weird angle.

IMG_20211112_105048.jpg ....not sure if they had 5spds originally either but it has a cable guide behind the crank at the bottom of the seatpost tube.....an odd one.

IMG_20211112_105058.jpg

IMG_20211112_105036.jpg

That looks great......sure it will keep morphing!

I went to pickup a bike today, the guy had a few other oldies rotting away outside (inc a Giant Stonebreaker & GT Timberline with very of the time blue splatter paint and a stuck seatpost o_O)......he gave me this Halfords Trackstar as the bike I bought also has a stuck post (dull...but I'll try Marcs freeze method before destorying it).....the Trackstar is the bike I mentioned with all the chat about trackers/klunkers recently as a knd of premade tracker back in the day, ..I thought it was called a 'Tracker' ut Trackstar is close enough.......clearly its in pretty shoddy state, it had vines on it i pulled off before the pics....comes complete wih vintage combo lock attched...the handlebars look a bit bent in the pic but they're not, just a weird angle.

View attachment 582804....not sure if they had 5spds originally either but it has a cable guide behind the crank at the bottom of the seatpost tube.....an odd one.

View attachment 582803

View attachment 582805
That’ll work!
But you need to post your entry on the Reyt Pack thread;

That’ll work!
But you need to post your entry on the Reyt Pack thread;

Ahhh....wasn't even thinking of it for that! just grabbed it as pinged a memory and not seen another one since the 80's, thought maybe I'd imagined it.

Will need some generous TLC....

@Tsundere got in contact regarding the 650x38A IRC cross country tyres he’d beaten me to last year. A deal was done & they arrived yesterday.
Mrs Peachy had gone to Leeds for the day so as these are NOS but showing up their chemical make up as surface powder it would be rude not to bring them back to life.
Ladies & Gentlemen, Bake!
4A59181D-3EE9-4C5C-9A93-8C2331989814.jpeg 969E4B95-A013-48FD-8878-61894366326B.jpeg 741F192F-7B1D-4A0A-8D18-2320A2145631.jpeg 2EBE720D-42BB-49B9-8C6B-3E5FD21DD1B1.jpeg

Back