Anyone into classic cars

It’s been ten weeks since I brought the little Alfa back from France and I’m still waiting on DVLA to issue a V5 and a set of plates. The latest stage has been a guy who travelled up three hours from Stockport to take a photo of the chassis number. What a wonderful use of tax payers money! Anyway…. Probably no hope of getting any use out of the car until spring now.

I’ve not been idle though. I’ve fitted a GTA-R suspension package and a set of GTA wheels from Alfaholics. It now handles like a dream. It’s brake upgrades next with some lightweight billet callipers and vented discs. Over the winter the engine is coming out for some lighter pistons and flywheel, some polishing and porting to the head, a pair of performance camshafts and a full stainless exhaust.

B154C9F7-C387-4659-9EF8-445EEB6CCE3B.jpeg 8DB5208C-37C5-497F-A4E1-823C6CE8BABA.jpeg 1AFEF875-190A-4215-B577-7C5E77B4DD83.jpeg

79EAFA53-9202-4D67-A8AE-F1C5AEE8C7E0.jpeg

Brexit really is shit, isn't it? In the "before days", importing a car from another EU country was easy. When I brought in a Citroën DS20 from the Netherlands, I had to declare the import via an online form within 14 days, then apply for a V5 which arrived within about 3 weeks. Easy.

That's mega. First thought was "Alfaholics" and I can see you're already way down the slippery slope :)
It's one hell of a rabbit hole to go down. I'd love to go down the full GTA-R 290 route I don't have enough internal organs to sell to fund it.

69 speedster...Oh yeah😍..My dream car ( apart from the split) is a 356 B outlaw coupe in Dove Blue...but I wouldn't turn down a Speedster if one was going spare ..it "Takes my breath away"😁

Back