Autumn gravel/xc social ride

Best put me down as a mibee now as study of my latest bout of winter illness suggest mild flu not common coldšŸ™„šŸ˜•
Why me, why alway mešŸ™„šŸ¤’

Get well soon Velo šŸ‘. So itā€™s Sunday? Glenfarg tunnels? And a hard tail will do? No idea where the clink car park is? But Iā€™ll sus it out. Sorry Iā€™ve been quiet I was preoccupied with house stuff and a bike build. Oh lights!!! I better go and dig them out.

@JRGSXR the Clink is our second home ( or maybe third after Kelty Wids) and is the forestry commission car park just north of Auchtermuchty.

Pitmedden Forest Car Park East

Keith has billed this as a gravel ride, so youā€™ll be grand on a hardtail. Pretty sure no matter what any of us bring, weā€™ll be on the wrong bike most of the time.

If you canā€™t find your lights, we can always stick a lit candle up Keithā€™s arse for you to follow.

Cheers Clubby, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll find it. Less sure about what to ride šŸ˜‚. Iā€™ve got painful memories of the last ride on the GT. I might go full bounce again, not fast but comfy.

I wouldnā€™t, this one really is roads and tracks. No techy Singletrack, well at least not according to our illustrious leader.

Good news is fever burning itself out, bad news is I need to fix up a bike and despite earlier belief it would appear nothing is complete, doh!!!
Why can I not leave at least one bike fully workingšŸ™„

ps anybody wanting to buy a set of 700x38c Vittoria terreno zeros and a 700x47 i think terreno dry?

tried the zeros for a couple of weeks and didnt get on with them, now running schwalbe G one R and loving them.

Last edited:
i know how Ms Truss feels with all the bumbenchers in the back lacking in confidence!

having said that i have no idea how some of the tracks are, we are going to be living on the wild side this sunday. I'm taking the gravel bike with my new tyres on it. worst case we can play hide and seek in the forest for an hour, or do some flower picking.....or there might even be a couple of doggers kicking about.

I wouldnā€™t, this one really is roads and tracks. No techy Singletrack, well at least not according to our illustrious leader.

PS the clues in the title gravel/xc covers all bases and eventualities short of the red bull hardline i think.

Back