Withdrawn Big ol' clearout XT Hope Suntour XC Pro Odyssey XTR Flite LX WTB etc some NOS THREAD CLOSED

Interested in the Sachs freewheel. 99% sure this is Compatible with 7 speed Campagnolo I need it for. Regina freewheels are crazy money these days and this looks similar in terms of tooth profile (chamfers on the teeth to aid shifting, well OK looks like each tooth has been given a whack with a BIG hammer! ;) ). Will do a bit of research and measure my Regina freewheels tonight if I can find them to double check spacing etc.
Interested in the Sachs freewheel. 99% sure this is Compatible with 7 speed Campagnolo I need it for. Regina freewheels are crazy money these days and this looks similar in terms of tooth profile (chamfers on the teeth to aid shifting, well OK looks like each tooth has been given a whack with a BIG hammer! ;) ). Will do a bit of research and measure my Regina freewheels tonight if I can find them to double check spacing etc.
Glad you like the freewheel. The Sachs guys made some impressive kit, and I've never experienced such 'solid' shifting action, where gear changing becomes a pleasure:)
As for the compatibility issue, what you say is interesting. I've used 7 speed shimano shifting in the past with a Sachs block and from the distant memory it was fine, although back then I wasn't too bothered if one of the shifts didn't fall in line with the rests due to slight incompatibility. But of course you're talking about a Campag setup, which I wasn't even aware was a thing. You might be right though, but I'm sure you want to be certain and research fully. I'd help you along by measuring the space between lowest and highest cogs, but unfortunately my digital calipers just given up the ghost so can't help you with that. I'll keep the freewheel aside for you for a little while until you're able to finish what you're doing.

Glad you like the freewheel. The Sachs guys made some impressive kit, and I've never experienced such 'solid' shifting action, where gear changing becomes a pleasure:)
As for the compatibility issue, what you say is interesting. I've used 7 speed shimano shifting in the past with a Sachs block and from the distant memory it was fine, although back then I wasn't too bothered if one of the shifts didn't fall in line with the rests due to slight incompatibility. But of course you're talking about a Campag setup, which I wasn't even aware was a thing. You might be right though, but I'm sure you want to be certain and research fully. I'd help you along by measuring the space between lowest and highest cogs, but unfortunately my digital calipers just given up the ghost so can't help you with that. I'll keep the freewheel aside for you for a little while until you're able to finish what you're doing.
I think pretty much all 7 speed had 5mm spacing with Suntour Microdrive having slightly narrower spacing on the lower/upper half of their sprockets - can't quite remember which. I'm sure Sheldon Brown's site has all the info, but I like to test my ageing brain to see if I can still retain such information from many moons ago. Back in 1990 I started running Campag with just thumbies and rear mech on a Shimano hub & cassette until I saved up enough for a Campag hub with Regina freewheel and from memory it shifted OK. I think the sprocket thickness varies too from brand to brand. I know where my digitial calipers are, it's just finding the freewheels! Will let you know how I get on. 🤞 👍

Back