BotM July 2019 - nominations thread

Lovely looking bike mate. Thanks for getting it back on track :)

In a possibly a vain hope to lighten the mood and maybe increase the general Bonhomie of this comp whilst sticking to the rules… (ps I had absolutely no probs pulling my unfinished Lotus :oops: )

Peachy’s 1992 Claud Butler Oracle

Some may say a pile of junk…. I’d rather prefer the “paper round” moniker (check out the newspaper dates ;) )
Some of you can already attest to its minty-ness, as this bike really has hardly ever been riden (check the wheel rims)
Well its got a little more tidy since MM as I couldn’t let the damaged Shimano cables go un-checked…… :cool:
Here's the (predominantly BS) build thread, that documents the few tweaks I've done to it;1992 Claud Butler Oracle

Attachments

• file2-151.jpeg
    file2-151.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 842
  • 1992 Claud Butler oracle.jpeg
    1992 Claud Butler oracle.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 842
Done a bit of research on the CB Oracle above.

According to the father of the boy it was bought for, its pristine condition is due to the fact that as his son unwrapped it on Christmas morning it tragically fell on him.

The History Man":4cl37776 said:
Done a bit of research on the CB Oracle above.

According to the father of the boy it was bought for, its pristine condition is due to the fact that as his son unwrapped it on Christmas morning it tragically fell on him.

:LOL: one step further towards that infamous pink “Comedy Genius” banner.....

What may also suitably amuse you my learned friend is that when I hung the b**tard back up it pulled the hanger off of the wall... :facepalm:

Attachments

• EF40A27D-B4FB-4EF1-A4FC-DEA2A1B59D91.jpeg
    EF40A27D-B4FB-4EF1-A4FC-DEA2A1B59D91.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 815
sinnerman":10f9zyob said:
Nah you(you're) right, no need for rules, old threads are a waste of time, there (they're) not used for reference at all they simply become redundant and never used by OCD bike riders and should be disposed off(of) like everything else.
So on that note, please accept this bicycle picture for this months entry for BOTM.
Viva la revolution

If you come closer to your computer display you'll hear the thundering WHOOOOOOSH of my post going over your head :)

devonXC":3ve1t9k5 said:
sinnerman":3ve1t9k5 said:
Nah you(you're) right, no need for rules, old threads are a waste of time, there (they're) not used for reference at all they simply become redundant and never used by OCD bike riders and should be disposed off(of) like everything else.
So on that note, please accept this bicycle picture for this months entry for BOTM.
Viva la revolution

If you come closer to your computer display you'll hear the thundering WHOOOOOOSH of my post going over your head :)

I think half the point was a defence of the forum and the BotM rules, at least that's what I took from it. There's plenty of people here who have contributed a lot to the forum and have been here for years, posting regularly, through thick and thin. People aren't always going to agree but this is a generally friendly forum where we welcome new members. Perhaps you can see how someone who's been here a couple of days and is already posting that some rules are "ridiculous" might go against the grain a little?

raidan73":1a5zwjq1 said:
devonXC":1a5zwjq1 said:
sinnerman":1a5zwjq1 said:
Viva la revolution

I think half the point was a defence of the forum and the BotM rules, at least that's what I took from it. There's plenty of people here who have contributed a lot to the forum and have been here for years, posting regularly, through thick and thin. People aren't always going to agree but this is a generally friendly forum where we welcome new members. Perhaps you can see how someone who's been here a couple of days and is already posting that some rules are "ridiculous" might go against the grain a little?

Adrian, your doing a grand job, and you need a medal.

My original comment was little more than an attempt on my part to point out we have rules to make it a level playing field for all. Nothing more.

With recent multiple same entries, Bikes missing parts, trying to keep the train on the track is always a good idea, especially when the Nah Sayers and Facebook Activists are constantly trying to back handly derail the entire site and across multiple threads.

As for Regan, its not the first time, hes had a paddy in the past, shame, because he builds a grand bike, but we arent at school.

Devon XC, nothing went over my head, i just found your playground even more amusing than your pal Regans. I fear your sense of humour trailing somewhat because you clearly never got the point i made. (if you knew Marin Man, you and regan might get the irony-) C'est la Vie.

So with the playground now in the great distance can we please Enter some bikes the way we use too....?

Some great entries so far.

Rules are for the adherence of fools and the guidance of wise men.

I for one have fallen foul of these rules on a number of occasions. A reasoned discussion is always good. To explain, advise and inform. These competitions are the lifeblood of the site. Although they are the antithesis of the majority of my aesthetic leanings, they are aspirational if nothing else.

Those who run, organise and police them deserve our gratitude. Where else can you see such a stunning collection of bicycles? Riders, garage queens, long lost old friends, painstaking restorations, evocative careworn cast-offs of long gone but not forgotten racers.

And all this remains subscription free, volunteer led, largely self-policing. Most disputes are resolved either publicly or via back channels. Users flounce, respond, return, retreat and hopefully re-engage invigorated by the experience.

A microcosm of human nature.

Fraternity.

Back to the bikes!

Mike Muz":31as263g said:
Dami":31as263g said:
Dami’s 1997 Tunturi Kayapo fully restored to its original form with full Shimano STX-RC.

Tunturi Kayapo

Great looking Merlin btw!

p5pb17381712.jpg

p5pb17381721.jpg

Now that I like! :cool:

Mike

It has a nice stance doesn’t it Mike.

Back