Classic Kona Facebook find

ElfDoublecrossBMX

Retro Newbie
Hey Yall found a free Kona on marketplace and grabbed it looks to be in immaculate shape aside from minor scuffs on the paint and decals the stickers say its a kona koa head set says velocity on it and the top tube says Mountain Shock the bike is a sorta light stone blue with orange accents in the decals the serial number is 51-4195112117 Ive done some research but the only kona koa result I could find was a catalog from 96 but the catalog shows the bike without from shocks but mine does have front suspension so I'm wondering what year this may be if it helps the wheels are made by Mavic and the handlebars and Seatpost are Racelite andy info would be helpful thanks in advance

Hey that's exactly my bike mines just like that color and all just my pedals don't have a harness and the shocks are missing those black spring covers and mine didn't have a seat when I got it

if it has "Zokes" on it, they're likely seized. and probably not worth repairing in my opinion. I'm going to assume you're located in North America, and are American? There are some Americans and Canadians here that likely have something they can ship to you, along with other parts you want to build it with. or if you really want to dive in, check your local market places for donor bikes with parts you're looking for.

Welcome to the site- if I were you, I'd start with the "show me your" Kona thread. get some inspiration. Maybe make sure the bike is your size first. Kona's measure centre of crank bolt- top of seat tube. You'l find the catalogues in the archive section, it's a great resource. The only thing missing from this site is the photo sections by Make/Model/Year like the BMXMuseum has (I assume You're a member there?)

shocks are not seized and bike is in working order shifts great its a 26 inch wheel size I'm 6 foot tall so it about my size It feels right but I haven't had a mountain bike for about a year last one was a Mongoose 29inch for the kona I am thinking a resto-mod situation with classic feel so maybe some fox parts like fox downhill shocks fox seat post some old school beige wall tires and metal race pedals oddesy or wellgo's

Back