Claud Butler Milano rescued....

I wonder why the thief didn*t steal the bar tape. 😁 I'd have considered it doing you a favour. It's the kind of style that makes your eyes hurt if you look at it for more than 5 seconds.
I guess in one word, my opinion, which i know definately wasn't asked for anyway but i just couldn't help myself, is garish. Good luck with the project. Btw, a caliper maybe a solid investment for the toolchest. Should never leave home without one:D Just sayin.

I wonder why the thief didn*t steal the bar tape. 😁 I'd have considered it doing you a favour. It's the kind of style that makes your eyes hurt if you look at it for more than 5 seconds.
I guess in one word, my opinion, which i know definately wasn't asked for anyway but i just couldn't help myself, is garish. Good luck with the project. Btw, a caliper maybe a solid investment for the toolchest. Should never leave home without one:D Just sayin.
The bar tape was cheap stuff I had in stock to use on such a project/to practice wrapping drop with. I have only done it once before about 35 years ago. It was also an attempt to deter thieves. Well they didn't steal the bars did they🤣
I have a caliper but they are not the best at measuring the internal diameter of seat tubes.
Cheers

Very smart of you not to use some £30 or so bar tape to polish up on the nearly forgotten skill of wrapping bar tape. Why didn't i think of that?🤪 For myself, i don't think the calipers are a problem, there seems to be an issue with my eyesight. Some people are suggesting it has something to do with my age. I'm 51 and still trying to go strong.

Back