Feature Bike Feature Bike July 2009 - Felixdelrio’s 1991 Funk Pro Comp

Another month another outstanding bike. This 1991 Funk Pro Comp belongs to Felixdelrio aka Andreas, the site's #1 purveyor of leftfield brands!

100_1276_600x800_262.jpg

Felixdelrio & 1991 Funk Pro Comp

As you all might know I am the e-stay maniac. This is my fav ecs bike the 1991 Funk Pro Comp with the quite rare Black/Magenta/Fluo-Green paint scheme and matching Big Fork. I bought this bike back in 2005 from a Berlin based collector. At this time the bike was unridden, a true virgin. During the last years I changed a lot of parts and now everything is perfect. Most of the parts are NOS. I rode the Funk mostly 1-2 times per week it’s truly a dream ride … FUNKY!

100_1273_800x600_955.jpg

1991 Funk Pro Comp rear end detail

100_1269_800x600_418.jpg

1991 Funk Pro Comp handlebar detail

Awesome bike. Probably one of the most lusted over on retrobike.

Love those Suntour thumbshifters. I had a pair on my old Stumpy with an Ultegra rear mech! Much more beautiful than the Shimano ones.

Hi I got a "funk”in japan net auction last weel. However, the diameter of the seat post is not understood. Could the diameter teach some?

I had one back in 1994. Unfortunately it broke at the top of the seat tube then again where the stays joined the seat tube .. then it was stolen from my parents garden shed. Not the most successful relationship :(

Beautiful bike.

Traumbike - einfach wunderschön... Grüße aus Berlin von einem Retro Freak (Alpinestars, Cannondale, Trek OCLV...)

Back