Feature Bike Feature Bike June 2009 - retroking#1's Ritchey Team Comp

A class build from one of retrobike's #1 builders. Over to retroking#1 for a brief write up on his Ritchey Team Comp

ritchey032.jpg

Retroking#1's Ritchey Team Comp

Like a lot of you when you find retrobike you start reading threads on bikes and parts you knew nothing about. As a result I got interested in building a early bike and when I met velomaniac at Cannock, riding the McSchwinn, and knowing al was advertising a Ritchey frame and fork I was hooked. A few PMs to al and I had got myself what turned out to be a Ritchey Team Comp frame and fork. Using the link from this site I found http://www.oldmountainbikes.com so now I knew what I had to find. So with the help of ebay I found the bars, rims, mechs, cranks, shifters, levers, brakes, saddle, seatpost and bottom bracket in the USA. Cassette, headset and rear hub came from Germany. Front hub was from Israel. Pedals, cables and tyres were from cycle jumbles here in the UK.

After putting it all together I added it to the readers bikes section and waited to be slaughtered by the guys in the USA. Instead I got a pleasant surprise so once again thanks to all!

And the best bit I get to use it.........

ritchey006.jpg

Retroking#1's Ritchey Team Comp apres ride

Latest posts

Back