Folders! Foldable bicycles; love or hate? do you own/use one? Minivelos and demontables added

There's an Airnimal Chameleon up for sale on Ebay at the moment:

A bit tatty, but seems like a (relatively) good price.

airnimal chameleon.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Not retro I know but is there a minimum age limit here? I have just taken my newly finished Velo Orange Neutrino for it's first spin around the block, I bought the frameset nearly a year ago and have spent that time keeping an eye out for quality but reasonably priced components, I had planned to use silver but several parts came up at a good price in black so went with that.
The bars, stem and seatpost are USE, pedals, headset and seatpost clamp are Hope, Middleburn cranks with an Alfine 8 speed hub, front hub and cable disc brakes from Shimano.
I made the water bottle cage mount on the steering tube and that will take a small cargo cage on the front of the steering tube as I plan to do some travelling on it.
I hope to take some better photos when the sun comes out but at least the bluebells are in bloom.

IMG_3721 - Copy (2).JPG

Not retro I know but is there a minimum age limit here? I have just taken my newly finished Velo Orange Neutrino for it's first spin around the block, I bought the frameset nearly a year ago and have spent that time keeping an eye out for quality but reasonably priced components, I had planned to use silver but several parts came up at a good price in black so went with that.
The bars, stem and seatpost are USE, pedals, headset and seatpost clamp are Hope, Middleburn cranks with an Alfine 8 speed hub, front hub and cable disc brakes from Shimano.
I made the water bottle cage mount on the steering tube and that will take a small cargo cage on the front of the steering tube as I plan to do some travelling on it.
I hope to take some better photos when the sun comes out but at least the bluebells are in bloom.

View attachment 845274
No age limit, we are in the bike chat 1998 section, so new stuff is allowed. I love the Neutrino and what you have done with it.

I'm looking into getting a folder and blown away by the choice, what has fried my brain, is the Raleigh folders... how many are exactly the same, but with different names, don't know where to look. also the Raleigh evo folder, also called the stow e way.... now that's barking mad. Replaced by the evo2, but they don't do an electric in the evo2, so you have to buy and older spec, to get the newer tech.... I was like wtf! how does that make sense.

has anybody done a list on the Raleigh bikes and the rebrands, like Ikea, or carrerra, dahon etc. i had to stop looking. hurt my little head :(

I'm looking into getting a folder and blown away by the choice, what has fried my brain, is the Raleigh folders... how many are exactly the same, but with different names, don't know where to look. also the Raleigh evo folder, also called the stow e way.... now that's barking mad. Replaced by the evo2, but they don't do an electric in the evo2, so you have to buy and older spec, to get the newer tech.... I was like wtf! how does that make sense.

has anybody done a list on the Raleigh bikes and the rebrands, like Ikea, or carrerra, dahon etc. i had to stop looking. hurt my little head :(
To be honest, a lot of different folders have been shown on this thread, which is illustrative of how many designs there have been over the years. Hard to distinguish between them all. Especially when a lot of cheap ones are made, and a lot of designs are being copied. In short I would say that if you are looking for an affordable, simple folder that works, get a Dahon. Personally I would buy second hand, because apart from the Bromptons, second hand folders are cheap.

that was my line of thinking, bike I use all the time, is a voodoo hoodoo, and I want to go to Scotland touring, I don't wanna take my mg6, which it will fit in easy, but my baby mgf, which I wont even get the wheel in the passenger seat, would love to go for a ride around one of the lochs... got my eye on a Raleigh Evo2 2022 model, going cheep. its insane how cheap they are, 2nd hand.

Back