FT Woodrup Audax frame

Ivo

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Recently I acquired a Woodrup audax frame. Frame is 59cm c-t, abt. 57cm c-c. Toptube 57cm c-c. According to the frame number it's produced in '81 or '82, imported to Germany by the Hamburg Vaumax importers.
Since the bottom bracket is quite high the standoverheight is too tight for me. So I would like to trade it for a similar style audax frame which is 1-2cm smaller. Pictures of the Woodrup frame will follow at the end of the weekend.

if selling and with being in for sale section assuming you are need to put price on pal or post will be deleted by a mod site rules

As promised some photo's of the frame. To get a better impression of sizes I stuck a pair of wheels in the frame for some photos.

imgp0429dq1.jpg

imgp0430ul1.jpg

imgp0435ce2.jpg

imgp0439fn5.jpg

imgp0443sw4.jpg

imgp0444kq3.jpg

imgp0447so3.jpg

imgp0449rf8.jpg

I've measured the frame a bit better as the guy who sold it me:

Seattube c-c 57,5cm, c-t 59cm
toptube: c-c 57cm
distance centre bracket to frontaxle 61cm
rearstay c-c 43cm
wheelbase 103,5cm
assuming that the toptube is horizontal both angles (seat and steering) are 73 degree.

ive got a 1970s 653 raleigh that im not using, it has campagnolo drop outs and cable guides. Has been rethreaded to take a traditional english threaded 68mm bb. Nicely finished but is a fialry long wheelbase bike for me (so i use my 531 orbit instead). I have been told its 1970s and the rear end is not to thin to use 130mm wheels. I built it with modern components and used it for 3mnths before garaging it. Id be looking to sell the frame rather than swap, especially as i dont believe its of comparison to your lovely woodrup. heres some snaps.

The forks arent included as they were found to have some stress marks underneath the crown (common early 531 lugless problem).

no idea if this is what you are after and not interested in a swap but it should fit at least:

planet-x kaffenback frame and forks, rear spacing is 135mm

in excellent condition

£100 posted

pics here

I'm definitely looking for a swap with another steel audax frame. Purebread racing frames or road adapted cyclecrossframes give another feeling on the road.

it's a steel road frame - position wise more audax/fast commuter than tourer I would have said. The original spacing was 130mm but due to b@lls up with original design it wouldn't take bigger than an 11tooth sprocket on rear cassette. So the original owner had it spread at a bike shop to 135mm - and now takes 11 and 12 teeth cassettes.

only selling because it's to small for me - otherwise I'd keep it as it's a really nice ride!

more info on plant-x website

Back