Funkungfusion

Holy moly…. that is beautiful…. very much my cup of tea, congrats, can’t wait to see it built up 😍😎

Fantastic bike @Swede ... can you elaborate a little more in cleaning off the elastomers. Was is really possible to simply mix the bike cleaner with water to get melted MCUs off the tubes and parts?

So far, I found Acetone and Silicone cleaner the best liquids for that.

Cheers

Fantastic bike @Swede ... can you elaborate a little more in cleaning off the elastomers. Was is really possible to simply mix the bike cleaner with water to get melted MCUs off the tubes and parts?

So far, I found Acetone and Silicone cleaner the best liquids for that.

Cheers
It was such a long time ago that I can't remember the details, but because it was water miscible I assumed it would be ok. I guess the cautionary tail is to check first as some of these surfactants can be very aggressive.

Last edited:
Jonny’s done an amazing job, should get it back soon and then I have some decisions to make as I’ve not fully thought through the build plan.

An orange Taperlite arrived earlier in the week and believe it or not it's a different colour to the stem but you can't see that from the photos!

I've also decided that XT it not want I want to do with this - thinking more BMX'y (if that's a thing?). FB7DB6CD-4A46-4C5B-9A78-6E79E318783D.jpeg A8B1B2F4-0A2F-4E29-9433-53A299ED1923.jpeg

Last edited:
Back