Gazelle Champion Mondial

twosheds

Retro Guru
Hello, I'm thinking of selling my Gazelle Champion Mondial road bike. I'm not really asking what its worth, but I'd like an honest opinion, before I put it in the for sale thread, whether £300 ono is too much to ask.
I built it up about 10 years ago and it has served me well, but after some recent health problems I'm finding the hills tough and my more modern Cannondale easier to ride.
The Gazelle rides very smoothly and quietly and handles well at speed. The wheelset is particularly nice.
I don't want to break it up again, I'd rather it went to a good home, so I won't put it on eBay.

Here is a full specification and photos:

Reynolds 531 frame dates from approx. 1978, with Tange headset
57cm top tube
60cm from BB to top of seat tube
Half chrome forks and chain stays with rear dropout adjusters
Pearlescent white with some scuffs and marks from use.
Wheelset - Mavic module E alloy rims laced to Pellisier large flange hubs with stainless spokes
Tyres - Continental Ultra Sport
Crankset - Shimano 105 (1056) 53-39
Freewheel - 6 speed (Not sure of make)
Shifters - Shimano 600 (6100)
Brakeset - Shimano 600 (6207)
Front derailleur - Shimano 600 (6100)
Rear derailleur - Shimano 600 GS long cage (6000 or 6100)
Bars/stem - SR road champion
Saddle - Selle Italia turbo
Seat post -SR Laprade? (No markings visible)
Pedals - MKS Sylvan

All works as it should.
Note: The rear derailleur is quite a rare item. Possibly a 1st Generation Shimano 600 from 1974/75 with a long pulley cage.

IMG_1376.jpeg
IMG_1375.jpeg
IMG_1360.jpeg
IMG_1370.jpeg
IMG_1372.jpeg
IMG_1369.jpeg
IMG_1366.jpeg
IMG_1373.jpeg

Last edited:
I think you should be able to ask 300 ono. I think it is worth a bit more, particularly because of the parts. (That is no guarantee it will sell, though.)

Lovely bike. Just needs the matching 600 chainset to be perfect. £300 seems a very reasonable price for a great condition period machine.

Back