Help identifying possible Stumpy

That’s no Specialized! It’s an early-mid 1990s aluminum frame of unknown origin. Aluminum and M2 Stumpies, Hardrocks and Rockhoppers never came with those dropouts or a canti stop. It reminds me of mid 90’s aluminum Fishers, but I doubt it is one. Not a C’dale for sure.

Btw, are Marzocchi Bombers supposed to make a squelching noise when compressed🤔? I've only owned coil and air forks..
Bombers are open bath coil forks. The sound is normal, and you could run them as is, but I would highly recommend servicing them first to extend their already stupidly long lifespan. It’s dead simple and if you’re creative with the way you press in the new seals, requires no special tools. Yours looks like a very late coil sprung Z3, which makes servicing even easier.

That’s no Specialized! It’s an early-mid 1990s aluminum frame of unknown origin. Aluminum and M2 Stumpies, Hardrocks and Rockhoppers never came with those dropouts or a canti stop. It reminds me of mid 90’s aluminum Fishers, but I doubt it is one. Not a C’dale for sure.
Ah well..luckily it didn't cost much - the Mavic rims, cantis and Bomber fork are in ok condition so there's that..
Cheers Neko!

Latest posts

Back