How much is my road bike (or parts of) worth?

@cce I have an '84 Trek 660. Your bike seems substantially newer than 1982 given the decals. The main value is in the frame tubing used (my Trek is Reynolds 531CS tubing; kitted with Camp. Nuovo Record) and components. My bike is worth about $300-$400 (US market); but worth much more parted out.
If the components are OE, I would check for date codes on them. Older Treks (pre-90s) still fetch a good price, but frame tubing and components (other than condition) are what will dictate its value. By the 90s Trek was pumping put bikes at a much higher volume and thus values are not as high. Unfortunately, here in the US, newer Treks are commonly found in thrift stores and other repurpose shops at $50 and less so not hard to find a decent one for $100-$200 for sale online locally. So I would put your bike about $200/£150; but again specific frame and components might add or detract from my estimate. I got my Trek (in excellent OE condition) for $125 which was well below its value (about 6 yrs ago), but in the US many older Treks are not recognized as top level bikes which there certainly were, even their entry level models were well regarded 40+ years ago.

Last edited:
Hiya guys, what she worth?
Dynatech TT lopro, SBDU, 2070, Grand comp quill stem and aero leavers. I think its suntour lx brakes. mavic rear cxp14 with campy hub, cassette suntour
down tube shifter guides shimano. XC pro. post dynatech, saddle rsp titanium, front wheels 700 cxp14 wrong size and mavic 650c, wrong model but fits. bb suntour XC pro and rear mech XC pro but not going with the bike.

would I be better selling frame only? GOPR1818.JPG GOPR1817.JPG GOPR1816.JPG GOPR1815.JPG GOPR1814.JPG GOPR1813.JPG GOPR1812.JPG

Back