Howden Road Ride Aftermath

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Thanks to all who attended, from the feedback I received I think we will have a few more of these road rides through the winter!

Apologies for slightly underestimating the total distance, 47 miles instead of 25 :LOL:

I'll pop what few pics I took up soon.

Awesome ride and banter guys. I promise not to get into time trial mode next time at the end lol
Imho jez deserves a medal for single speeding 47 miles!

Great day. Great food. Great company

Aye was a proper laugh today, really enjoyed it, didnt take any pics myself, was too busy outrunning all of you lot with my new found burst of fitness/energy lol!

It was a good ride, hopefully by the next road ride I will have fixed the scorpio and won't have to swap to a modern bike half way round.

luke130":2ime3hbo said:
It was a good ride, hopefully by the next road ride I will have fixed the scorpio and won't have to swap to a modern bike half way round.

Luke, don't forget my offer, I have two complete wheels you can have FOC, front and back. Taken from my 1986 Raleigh Record Sprint.

Let me know how to get them to you.

Great day fellas, thanks to everyone. I was in the wrong gear most of the day but soldiered on. Bring on the next one.

Much appreciated Trebz. If you see anyone who rides round here on a wednesday I am sure they can pass them on. If not they will just have to wait until I make it to another Sunday ride, I have another road bike to use in the meantime at least :).

Jez, how did you cope with brantingham dale with only 1 gear?

I was gutted by that, was doing a good pace (was slowing a little) then i got a massive chunk of glass in the rear tyre/tube :-(

Good ride today ( thanks Chris ) made a change riding on the Tarmac and good the wethers held out for us . Was good to see you all , I got a few pics but need to figure out how to add them from my phone . Oh and spud thanks for the lift .

Back